FAQ: “Limited” Mobile Bidding
From time to time, I’m going to post questions sent to me from auction chairs about our product or company, along with our answers.
Last summer, we changed our subscription plans and added “limited” mobile-bidding features to the Standard Subscription. We also added a bunch of new mobile-bidding features to our Plus and Premium subscriptions. This has lead to people (like Laura, whose question is featured below) to ask what the differences are between the “full-featured” mobile-bidding that Plus and Premium subscribers get, and the “limited” mobile-bidding features that Standard subscribers get.
We spoke a few months ago and are finally getting to the decision time for selecting our software. I have a few questions:
- if we went with the standard plan for $1000/month. What does it mean to have “limited” mobile bidding? Is there a cap on the items that we can use for mobile bidding?
- Can you explain the notifications that come with this level? What exactly does email and in-brower notifications mean?
Thanks for your help.
- There are no hard limits on the number of mobile items you can have in the Standard plan. But it is limited to Silent Auction and Signup items only – you cannot do a mobile Special Appeal/Paddle Raise/Fund-A-Need or Live Auction.
- Related to that, in the Standard package, mobile bidders are alerted if they are outbid in two ways – they see a small indicator in the top right corner of their mobile device’s browser, and they get an email message letting them know that they have been outbid.
- outbid notifications via text-message
- invitations to bid via text-message
- the ability to use mobile bidding for other item types
- the ability to run talent contests and group-bidding (think Dessert Dash) via the mobile-bidding system