Supported Browsers: Fall 2015 Update
Every SchoolAuction.net, Tofino Auctions, and PartySupporters.com auction website is it’s own e-commerce store. And in the world of e-commerce, we have to stay vigilant with respect to transaction security. Due to known security exploits with older Operating Systems and Browsers, Credit Card companies are requiring that we no long support certain browsers, which do not support the latest version of the SSL protocol.
We implemented the most current version of SSL on our servers earlier this year, and as the auction season revs up, we are starting to see a trickle of support requests that suggest that some of the members of your community who are coming to buy tickets on your event website are not using an up-to-date version of their favorite web browser.
Here is the current list of browsers and versions that do support the latest SSL standard:
- Apple Safari (Mac OSX): versions 7 and higher
- Apple Safari (iOS): versions 5 and higher
- Google Chrome: versions 22 and higher
- Android Browser: versions 5.0 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox: versions 27 and higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: versions 11 and higher (although versions 8-10 support the required SSL standard, these browsers come with that support disabled by default)
- Microsoft Edge: versions 11 and higher
- Opera: versions 17 and higher
The best way to deal with these complaints is to ask your customer to upgrade their web browser to the latest version, through their devices app store, or the links above on the browser names.